Carlsbad is at the center of the second largest life sciences cluster in the United States: San Diego. Several of the top life sciences, biomedical and genetics research and development companies in the country are here. Surround yourself with exceptional talent – people who share your passion and commitment to making important discoveries, innovations and improving lives.
- 74 life sciences companies and 5,415 jobs are located in Carlsbad.
- 1,923 total patents issued to Carlsbad life sciences companies in the last ten years.
- Average annual salary for a life sciences job in Carlsbad is $125,171.
Life Sciences Incubator
Bio, Tech, and Beyond is the Future of Scientific Research
Sick of working on that lab project out of your garage? Are you a scientist seeking space where your research belongs to you? In July 2013, Bio, Tech, and Beyond had their grand opening for the 6,000 square ft. Life sciences incubator and community lab space. The space, leased to the group by the City of Carlsbad, allows small start-ups to rent bench space for research and development. The incubator also holds community science programs and will soon offer space for individuals to come and tinker too.
View a video about the incubator here.
Read more about the Incubator here.
“Startup Showcase” event – October 23, 2015
The City of Carlsbad and Bio, Tech and Beyond recently hosted a Startup Showcase featuring nine of its member companies. View presentation videos from each of the startups by clicking on “YouTube video” next to the company name or you can see all of them at once, in presentation order, by clicking here: YouTube Playlist.
- Tinoro (YouTube video)
- Eco Feedstock (YouTube video)
- GPB Scientific (YouTube video)
- Biomarker Profiles (YouTube video)
- Aomics (YouTube video)
- Vanadis Labs (YouTube video)
- Cascade Biosystems (YouTube video)
- Koliber Biosciences (YouTube video)
- Exeligen Scientific (YouTube video)