One of the fastest growing industry clusters in Carlsbad, California is Information and Communications Technology, or ICT for short. This group includes cyber security, software and video game design, electronic device development, radio and wireless communication, and robotics. Many Carlsbad technology companies are also closely linked to the vast San Diego defense industry. Your Information and Communications Technology career will put you at the cutting edge of the way people experience technology.
Quick Facts About Carlsbad Information and Communications Technology Companies:
- Carlsbad Information and Communications Technology companies have received more than 1,039 patents between 2008-2016.
- There was an 18% increase in patents annually between 2012-2016.
- In the last 5 years 26% of the patents issued to Carlsbad ICT businesses were issued in 2016 alone.
- Carlsbad’s technology cluster has 261 companies, 19 more than the previous year, and provides more than 7,600 jobs.
- The average annual salary for employees working in the Carlsbad ICT industry is more than $137,700.
Notable companies: ViaSat – NTN Buzztime – MaxLinear – Rockstar Games – Ipitek – L-3 Photonics – Micro Probe – Sierra Wireless – Rockwell Collins Optronics – Nortek Controls – Interknowlogy – Great Call/Jitterbug – 5D Robotics – Walmart Labs E-Commerce – Verve – Forecast 3D – Gunnar Optiks – JetHead Development – High Moon Studios – Machine Zone – Redemption Games – Aerial Mob – Nordson – SGN (Social Gaming Network) – Proficio – Processing Point – Aethercomm
Sources: United States Census, United States Patent & Trademark Office, 2015 Business Survey