Carlsbad’s Industries are Backed by the Region’s Research InstitutionsOctober 19, 2015
This week, San Diego Regional EDC released a report that values the economic impact of research institutions in the region at $4.6 billion. These research institutions are at the center of the region’s $14.4 billion scientific R&D cluster. Carlsbad businesses benefit from the talent and technology generated by all this research, talent and innovation.
Did you know the region’s research institutions:
- Have a $4.6 billion economic impact?
- Have an economic impact equivalent to 4 convention centers or 34 Comic Cons?
- Receive $1.8 billion annually in federal and philanthropic funding?
- Generate roughly 37,000 jobs?
- Are in the No. 1 metro for NIH research dollars to research institutes?
These research institutes are backbone of success for Carlsbad companies. From businesses in life sciences to information and communications technology, Carlsbad’s companies are perfectly situated in an environment of innovation and collaboration–an environment of success.
Read the full report here.