Terms of Service
The Carlsbad Life in Action Website and Social Media Program contributes to the larger marketing and branding campaign for the City of Carlsbad Economic Development Division. This strategy outlines the guidelines that will be used for all social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook (@carlsbadbiz) and LinkedIn (/Carlsbad-life-in-action). Through these platforms, we hope to expand our commitment to supporting Carlsbad’s economic growth and talent attraction through Life in Action®, while also providing valuable information to Carlsbad’s business community. This strategy will be used to track and plan social media engagement and create a positive social media presence. Utilizing these strategies will work to ensure the development of a successful talent attraction marketing campaign for the City of Carlsbad Economic Development Division. Social media presence for Twitter and Facebook was established June 2014. Instagram was launched in February 2018 and LinkedIn in September 2018.
- Promote the Life in Action® talent attraction brand
- Highlight lifestyle elements that would attract talent to work in Carlsbad companies
- Show the benefits of working in Carlsbad, including displaying the unique and creative office spaces our companies provide
- Show the scenic beauty and the physical and natural amenities in Carlsbad that would be of interest to prospective talent
- Listen and respond to prospects, talent and industry leaders
- Foster relationships with those who are looking to live and work in Carlsbad
- Grow existing business interaction and cultivate new business relationships
- Share company information, industry news and relevant topics within our industry clusters
- Promote events, workshops, trainings, seminars and resources to assist in business retention, growth and expansion
- Foster the growth of a robust network of followers, email subscribers and brand ambassadors
- Drive traffic to our website (www.CarlsbadLifeInAction.com)
- Engage with our industry partners to create a thriving community of economic developers within the San Diego region
- Promote cultural and recreational events within Carlsbad
- Engage active social media community including “digital ambassadors” and media partners interested in following Carlsbad businesses and sharing success stories
III. Terms & Conditions
The City of Carlsbad Economic Development Division uses social media as a way to provide information of interest to the Carlsbad business community about city services, issues, news and events pertinent to doing businesses in the city. Social media is also a great way for the community to learn about businesses in Carlsbad.
In the spirit of transparency in city government, the city does not retain any social media content. All social media sites that the city participates with are owned and operated by third party entities not affiliated with the City of Carlsbad. Therefore, the public is encouraged to contact city officials and staff through their city email addresses and phone numbers.
The city’s Economic Development presences on social media sites serve as moderated online information exchanges about city services, issues, news and events related to doing business and working in the city and are not intended as a public forum. The city reserves the right to delete submissions if they:
- do not directly relate to city services, issues, news and events relating to businesses, economic development and jobs located in the city;
- promote specific causes, products, or candidates for office or political organizations (NOTE: Commercial sale or direct promotion of products is not permitted);
- include personal attacks on any individual or entity;
- contain profanity, erotica or pornography;
- convey discriminatory, racial, political, or religious views; or
- promote illegal activity.
Ownership and Endorsement
The comments and posts expressed on our social media platforms by the members of the public do not reflect the opinions of the city, its officers or employees. The City of Carlsbad does not claim or assert any ownership interest in any of the material posted here by the public, but by the submission or posting of any materials on this site, the city is granted a royalty free, non-exclusive and perpetual license to display it on our platforms and, in the city’s sole discretion, capture the material for achieving it on a city owned server. To use or modify materials not posted by the City of Carlsbad, the owner of those materials should be contacted directly.
Please note that our social media platforms are administered by the City of Carlsbad, but the content on this site is not entirely controlled by the city. The City of Carlsbad does not endorse any link or advertisements placed on our social media platforms or its vendors or partners.
The city has the right at all times to disclose any information to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; and to edit, refuse to post or to remove or to store any information or materials posted. All information posted to the City of Carlsbad’s social media sites shall be deemed a public record which the city will disclose without any prior notice.
THE CITY OF CARLSBAD DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY STATUTORY NOTICE REQUIRED TO BE GIVEN TO THE CITY OF CARLSBAD BY ANY LAW, REGULATION OR CONTRACT ON SOCIAL MEDIA WEBSITES. ALL SUCH NOTICES SHALL BE PROVIDED AND DELIVERED TO THE CITY IN THE MANNER DESCRIBED BY APPLICABLE LAW, REGULATION OR CONTRACT. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT EITHER THE PERSON LISTED BELOW OR THE CARLSBAD CITY CLERK AT 760-434-2808.
Joseph Stewart, Management Analyst