The Future of the Workplace is All about BalanceJune 3, 2021
With a year under the belt, Carlsbad businesses that could embrace remote work have learned a lot. One of the biggest takeaways: Teams can get a lot done from anywhere and under extreme circumstances. Now, with vaccinations on the rise, many worksites have begun thinking about the next phase.
It’s quite an understatement to say that Carlsbad businesses have a lot to consider in the next phase, but luckily, they don’t have to do it alone. Whether you are deliberating about a hybrid workplace, revamping old commuter benefits, or just trying to figure out where to get started- Carlsbad Commuter is here to help. The City of Carlsbad launched this brand-new program in the spring, and it’s probably worth mentioning that there is no cost to Carlsbad businesses.
Despite how we often talk about work (“I’m going to work.“), work is not a place. It’s an activity. Where, when, and how that activity gets done needs one vital thing. Balance. Carlsbad Commuter helps create that balance for Carlsbad employers. They feature a phased and flexible approach to returning to the office built around key workday factors, like scheduling, work locations, and commuting. Here are just a few things they offer:
- A growing collection of guides offering an in-depth look at the changing nature of work.
- Ready-made tools and templates to help you prepare for the future.
- Opportunities to connect with local experts in telework, commuting, and workday schedule.
- Access to leading technology, incentives and services for sustainable commuting.
- A facilitated idea exchange with the Carlsbad business community.
- And much, much more.
There’s a wealth of information, and a great place to start is this quick overview of Rebalancing Work. It introduces critical considerations for reimagining the workday. From there, you can choose your own adventure!